Sunday, November 19, 2017
12:00pm - 2:00pm
Be a part of Wilkinson Center’s Annual Turkey Basket Drive and Distribution as volunteers collect and distribute turkey baskets to hundreds of families. This is an inspiring volunteer opportunity for FirstChurch to collect and distribute turkey baskets. On distribution day, volunteers will unload collected turkey baskets and distribute them to our Wilkinson Center families. Wilkinson Center has a goal of distributing 800 Turkey baskets this Thanksgiving and First Church can be a part of helping to reach this goal. It is giving from one family to another family.
What is in a Turkey Basket?
- Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative!! Let the basket/Container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions. This is sharing your family with another family.
- $20.00 (cash or check). Wilkinson Center will purchase gift check vouchers from Butterball. Gift checks do not expire, can be used towards a turkey, ham and other grocery food items to accommodate vegetarian recipients.
- Canned vegetables: For example: green beans, corn, green peas, cranberry etc.
- Gravy (jar or mix)
- Boxed stuffing/dressing mix and/or boxed potato mix
- Bread, Rolls or cornbread mix
- Pumpkin or Pecan pie
- Include any of the food items that are part of your Thanksgiving Celebration
- Festive paper plates and table ware
- Thanksgiving decorations
Click here to provide a basket.
Distribution Day – Tuesday, Nov. 21
5:30 – 8 p.m.
Hampton Illinois Library