Sunday, October 21, 2018
Collection ends Nov. 11.
Be a part of Wilkinson Center’s Annual Thanksgiving Basket Drive and Distribution as volunteers collect and distribute baskets to hundreds of families. This is an inspiring volunteer opportunity for FirstChurch. On distribution day, Wilkinson Center volunteers will unload collected Thanksgiving baskets and distribute them to Wilkinson Center families. Wilkinson Center has a goal of distributing 800 baskets this Thanksgiving and FirstChurch can be a part of helping to reach this goal. It is giving from one family to another family. Volunteers are needed to help distribute on November 15th, 19th, and 20th through Wilkinson Center. Contact Elise Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
What is in a Thanksgiving Basket?
- Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative!! Let the basket/Container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions. This is sharing your family with another family.
- $20.00 (cash or check). Wilkinson Center will purchase gift check vouchers from Butterball. Gift checks do not expire, can be used towards a turkey, ham and other grocery food items to accommodate vegetarian recipients.
- Canned vegetables: For example: green beans, corn, green peas, cranberry etc.
- Gravy (jar or mix)
- Boxed stuffing/dressing mix and/or boxed potato mix
- Bread, Rolls or cornbread mix
- Pumpkin or Pecan pie
- Include any of the food items that are part of your Thanksgiving Celebration
- Festive paper plates and table ware
- Thanksgiving decorations
For more information, contact Elise Daniel.