Sunday, October 27, 2019
Collection ends Nov. 17.
Be a part of Wilkinson Center’s Annual Thanksgiving Basket Drive and Distribution as volunteers collect and distribute baskets to hundreds of families. This is an inspiring volunteer opportunity for FirstChurch. On distribution day, Wilkinson Center volunteers will unload collected Thanksgiving baskets and distribute them to Wilkinson Center families. Wilkinson Center has a goal of distributing 800 baskets this Thanksgiving and FirstChurch can be a part of helping to reach this goal. It is giving from one family to another family.
What is in a Thanksgiving Basket?
* Basket/Container for the food. Be festive and creative! Let the basket/container that holds the food reflect your holiday traditions.
* $20.00 (cash or check made out to FUMC). Wilkinson Center will purchase gift check vouchers from Butterball.
* Canned vegetables: For example: green beans, corn, green peas, cranberry etc.
* Gravy (jar or mix)
* Boxed stuffing/dressing mix and/or boxed potato mix
* Bread, Rolls or cornbread mix
* Ingredients for making a Pumpkin or Pecan pie (no fresh or frozen pies please)
* Include food items or recipe ingredients that are part of your Thanksgiving Celebration!
* Festive paper plates and table ware
* Thanksgiving decorations
Cash Donations Welcome
Click here to sign up to bring a basket or make a donation.
For more information, contact Angie Connelly.