In the past two weeks, our lives have been significantly changed by the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). To slow the spread of the outbreak and halt widespread illness in the community, schools, churches and gathering places of all sorts have been encouraged to practice social distancing for weeks. We have been monitoring ongoing reports from federal, county and city authorities; after much prayerful conversation and consideration of the latest recommendations, we have decided to cancel in-person worship and all ministry activities through Sunday, May 3.
Below is an event-by-event listing of cancellations/postponements through May 3.
- The United Methodist Men meetings that were scheduled for Thursday, March 26 and Thursday, April 16 have been canceled; meetings will resume in May.
- The Day of Service scheduled for Saturday, March 28 has been postponed.
- The Rotunda Movie Night scheduled for Saturday, March 28 has been canceled.
- The UMW Community Gathering for Saturday, March 29 has been canceled.
- The Ally Training scheduled for Sunday, March 29 has been postponed.
- HIV/AIDS Supper for April will not have in-person service, but the team has arranged to drop off meals.
- The Austin Street Center meal services scheduled for April will not have in-person service, but the team has arranged to drop off meals.
- Christian Believer 3 will be rescheduled.
- Disciple 1 Fast Track will be postponed until the fall.
- The Enneagram Retreat scheduled for Saturday, April 25 is being evaluated – plans will be shared in the coming weeks.
- The production of Driving Miss Daisy scheduled for the first weekend in May is postponed.
- The Children’s Choir Musical scheduled for May 3 is canceled.
Stay connected with us during this time!
Sign up to receive our emails, which include First Thing with FirstChurch – a Monday-Thursday guide to help you stay connected to God and neighbor.
Haven’t seen the emails? Make sure to sign up!
Catch up on Connection Point videos and Daily Rituals below!